Saturday, August 23, 2014

Countrified French Vanilla Coffee Drink

    Let me start off with and say that I don't drink flavored coffee AT ALL.  I just don't like the taste of it.  I want just plain, strong coffee BUT my hubby loves them.  We do not buy them because they cost WAY too much and are an indulgence we just can't afford. 
 
     I remember my daughter buying a frappuccino or something like that a few years back that she bought in a bottle from a convenience store.  I tried it and naturally I didn't like it but my hubby sure did.  The taste is stuck in my head and I decided to play around with flavors and came up with this drink.  I don't know what it would be considered but several people have tasted my concoction and LOVE it.  They say it is equally superb hot or ice cold.

cappuccino, frappe, Frappuccino, French Vanilla coffee drink recipe, how to make at home

Countrified French Vanilla Coffee Drink

   (I know I need to come up with a better name for it but for now, this works.)  :-)

10 cups of STRONG hot coffee
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 cup french vanilla creamer
1/4 c. sugar




     Put the two kinds of sugar into a pitcher.  Pour the hot coffee in on top of the sugars and stir until the sugars dissolve; then pour in the creamer.  Stir and enjoy.  This tastes just as good hot as it does cold.  Even my teenage son liked it.


This coffee goes great with my Cinnamon Roll Cake or some Homemade Doughnuts!

Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram


Other blogs I have linked up this recipe with include:
Home to 4 Kiddos 
The Modest Mom 
The Chicken Chick

1 comment:

  1. I am not a coffee person, but I will definitely pass this recipe on to my parents who love it! :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Hope you will be able to join us again this week. Try a New Recipe Tuesday is open and ready for you to share (or find!) delicious recipes as well as see this week's feature. I hope you will be able to join us.
    http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/09/try-new-recipe-tuesday-99.html

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...