Friday, August 22, 2014

Freezer Biscuits

   I love preparing things ahead of time.  I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and diabetes so I do not always feel up to cooking and sometimes I am just not able to cook.  I prepare lots of freezer meals and one other thing we like to freeze are biscuits to have on hand whenever we want/need them.






Freezer Biscuits
 
 4 c. all-purpose flour
1 3/4 c. milk
1 c. butter
1 tsp. salt

                                        


     Mix all the ingredients together.  Roll out on a floured surface and cut out the dough with a biscuit cutter, top of a lid, etc.  Lay out the biscuits on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for one hour.
 

how to freeze biscuits, freezer biscuit recipe, easy biscuit recipe, need a recipe to freeze homemade biscuits

   After one hour, you can place the biscuits in a large baggie and place them in the freezer until needed.  You freeze them on the cookie sheet to prevent them from sticking together.  

how to freeze biscuits, freezer biscuit recipe, easy biscuit recipe, need a recipe to freeze homemade biscuits

     When you want to eat them, let them defrost for about 30 minutes on a cookie sheet then bake them for 10 1/2 minutes in a preheated 450 degree oven.  

Makes 24.

      They rise really good and taste great.  The picture below is a biscuit that had been in the freezer about a month.





Some other biscuit recipes you might like include:  my Potato Biscuits and my Chocolate Chip Drop Biscuit!
 
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our Youtube Channel
Follow us on Instagram
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am SO doing this! I love biscuits - this way I can make several batches at once and have fresh biscuits all the time. And soooo much better than canned! Thanks for sharing!
    Beckey
    http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/queenbsbusywork

    ReplyDelete

How to Make a Classic Christmas Rainbow Poke Cake

            This recipe has been around for a LONG time and to me, it never goes out of style.   It is colorful, festive, moist and utterl...